LŠSS students will be staying at the Hostivař student dormitory in Weilova 2, 100 00, Prague 10. https://www.kam.cuni.cz/KAM-308.html
The reception desk is open 24/7 and you can arrive at any time of day or night without any issues.
The dormitory is run like a hotel and your rooms will be regularly cleaned.
Breakfasts and dinners will be served at the local cafeteria (and on weekends also lunches).
Students who can’t take the placement tests on Saturday 27 July will have a second chance on Sunday 28 July at the Hostivař dormitory.
Weekend trips also start and end in front of the dormitory.
Unfortunately, we can’t arrange any rooms for non-students of the Summer School (e.g. parents or friends who come to see you), but you can make your own arrangements at email@example.com.
Summer School students will be staying in single-bed or twin-bed rooms with a toilet and shower.
The dormitory will provide towels and bedsheets. (The towels are rather small and we recommend bringing your own.)
There are only ceiling lights in the rooms.
Every floor has two refrigerators and a small kitchenette with only minimal equipment.
There are also washing machines at the dormitory; the fee for using them is CZK 12 per hour (you need to bring your own detergent). There is also a clothes iron for CZK 5 per thirty minutes.
Internet: There’s WiFi in the entrance hall. Internet connection is available in all rooms; you will receive your password during registration.
In the entrance hall, you will find the study room, a copy machine, a vending machine for hot drinks and snacks and an ATM. You can buy a baguette sandwich at the reception desk.
The dormitory complex includes a large cafeteria. There is also a café and a hair salon on the terrace of building A.
Near the Hostivař dormitory is the Charles University’s sports centre with a swimming pool, tennis courts and an indoor game court. In the neighbourhood, you will find also the Albert hypermarket, a pharmacy, post office and several pubs. There’s a shopping centre two tram stops away. It takes about 25 minutes to reach city centre from the dormitory.
Getting to Hostivař dormitory
The dormitory is 5 minutes on foot from the Nádraží Hostivař station.
You can reach Nádraží Hostivař by train, bus or tram.
From the airport:
- From the airport, take the bus 119 (direction Nádraží Veleslavín) to the end station, Nádraží Veleslavín. From there, take the metro in direction Depo Hostivař. At the Skalka station, switch to bus 125 going to Smíchovské nádraží and get off at Nádraží Hostivař.
From the Central Train Station:
- From the Central Station in Prague, the fastest option is to take a train (20 minutes). You can use regular public transport tickets on this train. If you prefer to use the metro and buses, go to the Hlavní nádraží metro station in the same building and take the metro in direction Háje – only one stop to Muzeum. There you have to transfer to metro line A (green colour) and go to Skalka (direction Depo Hostivař). From Skalka, take the bus 125 (direction Smíchovské nádraží) to Nádraží Hostivař.
From the Florenc Bus Station:
- From the bus station, take the metro line C (red colour) in direction Háje to Muzeum; there you need to transfer to metro line A (green colour) and go to Skalka (direction Depo Hostivař). From Skalka, take the bus 125 (direction Smíchovské nádraží) to Nádraží Hostivař. Alternatively, you can take the metro line C from Florenc to Hlavní nádraží and from there take a train to Nádraží Hostivař.
How to get from the dormitory to the main building of the Faculty of Arts (metro station Staroměstská):
- It takes about 30 minutes to get from Nádraží Hostivař to Staroměstská.
- Take the bus 125 to Skalka; from there, take the metro to Staroměstská (line A, direction Nemocnice Motol).
- You can also take the tram 26 to Strašnická and switch to the same metro line there.
- Alternatively, you can go by train to Praha-Strašnice, then take the bus 188 to Strašnická and from there again take the metro to Staroměstská.